Actually, a large vista of Mision Santa Gertrudis called 'San Pablo'.
These adobe ruins were assumed to be 'Mision Dolores del Norte', by INAH.
Located in San Pablo canyon, between San Ignacio and Santa Gertrudis at N27°42.13' W113°08.70'.
Reseach by Dr. Robert Jackson has found Dolores del Norte only existed on paper.
Dr. Jackson's research paper is at: http://www.timsbaja.com/rjackson.html
This 1999 Photo and GPS is by Kevin Clough.
Another photo by Kevin of the ruins at San Pablo.
Choral Pepper and the Erle Stanley Gardner party were the first outsiders to visit
nearby San Francisco de la Sierra (arriving by helicopter) in 1963.
Old walls in the remote village were part of Dolores del Norte,
according to the residents who were descendants of Spanish soldiers.
The Jesuit's highway linking the missions in Baja. This was the route of travel before the automobile.
Excellent books on the old camino include Harry Crosby's 1974 'Kings Highway in Baja California' and Arthur North's 1910 'Camp and Camino in Lower California'.
Photo by Kevin Clough.